Ultra Cavitation Body Contouring & Slimming
Ultra Cavitation is suitable for those who want to get rid of stubborn fat accumulation non-surgically in the areas such as the stomach, thighs, buttocks and arms without any downtime. With Ultra Cavitation, the trapped fat is emulsified, converted into liquid and then naturally expelled from the body via the lymphatic system. Ultra Cavitation is also recommended by plastic surgeons as post surgery maintenance to avoid water retention, fibrosis and swelling.
The main benefits of Ultrasonic Cavitation are:
Volume reduction of tissues (fat blasting).
Body shaping and contouring.
Skin tightening and toning.
Pregnant or breastfeeding
Heart Problems or Pacemaker
High Blood Pressure
Kidney Damage or Problems
Liver Damage or Problems
Acute Inflammatory Processes
Hemorrhagic Disease, Trauma or Bleeding
Medical Plastic Parts or Parts With Metal Inside
Abnormal Immune System
Treatments are 30 minutes long.
Ultra Cavitation appointments consist of treatment time, followed by 10 minutes of work out on a whole body vibration platform designed to increase lymphatic drainage, cellulite reduction, increased circulation, enhanced muscle and bone building and more.
You will feel a slight prickly warmth on the treatment area and may hear the specific noise of the Ultrasound machine in your ears, but clients do not usually find this uncomfortable. You can return to work or normal activities straight after treatment.
Before & Aftercare Advice
Drink at least 2 litres of water before your treatment and another 2 litres in the day after your treatment (soda, juice or tea is not water).
You should not eat 2 hours before and 1 hour after treatment.
Do not drink ANY alcohol or caffeine in the day of treatment or 48 hours after.
Do not shower straight after treatment.
Diet: Follow a low-fat, low sugar diet for best results.
Exercise: Do brisk exercise for at least 20 minutes after your treatment to stimulate lymph movement.
Although your treatment is completely painless, you will hear a pitched hum or ringing in your ears. This is completely normal/safe, and should be expected. If you feel that is causing discomfort then please let your therapist know and she will adjust the frequency for you.
Post Surgery Maintenance
After having surgery (liposuction, tummy tuck, breast augmentation, Brazilian butt-lift), plastic surgeons recommend to their patients to have post-operatory treatments like: Lymphatic Drainage, Ultrasound Cavitation & Radio Frequency. You spent the $ on the surgery, so be sure to do the aftercare to avoid water retention, fibrosis and swelling.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. By what other names are Ultra Cavitation referred to? - Ultrasound Cavitation; Ultrasonic Cavitation; Cavitation; Body Contouring; Body Sculpting.
2. Is Ultra Cavitation a safe procedure? - Yes, it is a safe, comfortable, and non-invasive procedure with virtually no side effects. It does not require anaesthesia, leaves no scars and does not require any post treatment. The ultrasound energy is designed to target fatty tissues beneath the skin only, and does not affect the blood vessels, nerves and connective tissues.
3. Is the procedure painful? - No, the treatment is painless. A slight tingling sensation or buzzing in the ear may sometimes be felt during the treatment. Some heat sensation may also be felt during treatment but no pain. Any slight reddening of the skin which may sometimes develop during or soon after treatment quickly disappears.
4. On which parts of the body is the treatment most beneficial? – Thighs (saddle bags), Abdomen (love handles), Hips (flanks), Buttock, Upper arm i.e. the areas of localized fat.
5. How long is a treatment session? – Treatment times may vary depending on the area being treated but a typical session will last between 30-40 minutes. This includes the preparation, treatment and post treatment procedures.
6. Does it work on Cellulite? - Yes, low frequency ultrasound (40kHz) generally works well on cellulite by focusing the ‘cavitation effect’ on the superficial fat tissue. Best results are obtained when the ultrasound is applied in conjunction with the ‘radio frequency’ (RF) treatment which helps to tighten and tone the skin. Cellulite is the appearance of dimpled skin.
7. Where are fat cells stored? - Fat is stored primarily as triglycerides inside adipocytes cells located between the muscles and skin. The numbers of fat cells are the same regardless of a person’s weight but the size of the cells can vary greatly.
8. What instant result can I expect? - The ultra cavitation treatment will often yield immediate results which you can feel, touch and see and it can be long lasting. Some clients can experience between 1 to 5 cm. of circumference reduction after a single session with increasing results after subsequent visits. However, more significant results will be noticed after the second and third treatment.
9. What long term results can I expect with ultra cavitation? - You can achieve ‘volume reduction’ of fatty tissues and ‘toning of the body’. The results are gradual over a number of weeks as your body clears the broken down fatty tissues. It is not uncommon to achieve up to 10 cm reduction by the end of the course of treatments. The results can be long lasting provided you follow a healthy diet and exercise program. However it is very easy to deposit fat again into the tissues if one over-eats, consumes too much alcohol or doesn't exercise. Ultimately the result may vary depending on the individual’s different tissue structure, treatment area, age, metabolism, medication, and changes in hormones.
10. Can I lose weight with Ultra Cavitation? - Ultra Cavitation is not a treatment for obesity nor is it a weight loss procedure. Rather is a method for ‘reshaping’ and ‘toning’ the body. It is particularly intended to reduce localized fat tissues which are resistant to exercise around the abdomen (love handles), buttocks, and thighs (saddle bags), that won’t easily go away by simple dieting and exercise.
11. Are there any side effects with this treatment? – There are virtually no side effects. However on rare occasions there may be a slight possibility of mild side effects such as transient redness, excessive thirst, or nausea immediately after the treatment which is invariably resolved by drinking water. These are all short-term effects that disappear in a few hours.
12. What Guidelines should I follow pre-treatment and, post treatment? – Drink plenty of water. Drinking water is a necessary part of the treatment to facilitate the elimination of the broken down fat. Maintain a low-fat diet for a few days after the treatment to ensure that the energy released by the treatment is properly utilized and metabolized by the body. After the treatment patients are able to return to their daily activities as usual.
13. What are the ‘contraindications’ with Ultra Cavitation? - Ultrasonic cavitation treatment is not for everybody. Even though it is a safe and painless procedure, nevertheless there are contraindications for using cavitation devices for treatment of localized fat. Such contraindications will depend on the individual’s medical history. Thus people with kidney failure, liver failure, heart disease, carrying a pacemaker, pregnancy, lactation, etc. are not suitable candidates for the cavitation treatment.
14. Are the results of ultra cavitation similar to liposuction? – Ultra cavitation can be considered as a treatment alternative to surgical liposuction. Both treatments are designed to reduce fatty tissues. However, Liposuction is ‘invasive’ while Ultra Cavitation is non-invasive